Sunday, September 16, 2007

Wedding and Reception Locations

I have been looking at wedding locations online a lot. We went out and visited on yesterday afternoon, “Fountain Glenn” in Leander. The building was only a few years old, so everything was nice and clean looking. It also makes me happy that the chapel and reception hall are in the same building so the guests will not have to be driving all over town to get to the different places. We have many out of town guests coming, so I am really hoping to find a location where the wedding and reception locations are on the same property. I really wanted to have my wedding at the Falkenstein Castle: http://www.falkensteincastle.com/ but they only hold 40 wedding a year there and there are no dates open in late December or early January. I really wanted to have a medieval themed wedding, but unless I do find a location like that, it would be really hard to re-create anything medieval looking without spending a fortune on decorations.
Anyways, I really liked Fountain Glenn. The owner, who we spoke with was very friendly and helpful answering any questions we had. Since we are pressed for time we will probably end up going with them. They also take care of catering (we will of course get to pick out the food and everything) and a wedding cake which saves us a lot of time and trouble.
JT wants a dragon wedding ring, so I searched around online and couldn’t really find a dragon ring that looks like a wedding ring. He also wants rubies and diamonds set into the band (because my ring has my birth stone in it and he wants it to somewhat match my ring) so we thought it would be really difficult to find one. We went to “Clarksville Pottery” on North Lamar to look at their rings and we were just about to leave when the lady working there asked us if she could help us find anything and I said “you wouldn’t happen to have a dragon ring, would you?” and they did! It was exactly what we were looking for. It has to be special ordered from the artist in California though and is expensive, but I want him to have the ring he really wanted since he will be wearing it for the rest of his life.