Monday, October 29, 2007

More Updates

Still awaiting word from the photographer. I am going to start emailing more this week if I don't hear back from them by today. I have found a few more in the same price range. All I want is to have the pictures digitally on a cd because I prefer looking at pictures on my computer anyways rather than in an album or loose.

All three of my bridesmaids are going to come to the cake tasting with me in a few weeks. =) That will be fun. I can only pick out four flavors to try which I need to decide on this week. I really want lemon cake but I don't think that many people would like that. It is my cake, but I want the guests to enjoy the wedding as well. ^_^ The groom's cake will definately be some form of chocolate. Maybe chocolate hazelnut. *drool*

JT still hasn't asked for leave for the time of the wedding and honeymoon! He's going to end up having to go AWOL to attend his own wedding! Jeeze. His mother has scheduled the honeymoon but is keeping it's location a suprise, which I don't like. I need to know if I should get a passport or not. There isn't really much time left to get that done before January. This is probably the time of year tons of people apply for passports. JT needs a copy of his birth certificate which will take a while to get since he wasn't born in Texas.

I'm getting the three bridesmaids together this weekend for their dress fitting. I'm hoping to take some pictures for the website. I didn't really get to last time. They were trying on the same dress in different colors and I wanted pictures of them in the correct color dress. David's Bridal wanted me to pick up the dresses and keep them for some reason until they come in for the fitting. So I've just had three formal gowns hanging up in my house for the past two weeks. They take up a lot of space and none of the closets are really tall enough to hang them in so they're just hanging over the top of a closet door right now. ^_^

Another month until my dress is ready. I have lost between 7 and 10 pounds since the first fitting because I have to walk 10 blocks to work every day now, and I had food poisoning last weekend which caused me to lose 3 lbs that I did not gain back. This is probably the only time I will ever NOT want to lose weight just because there isn't much time for them to alter the dress again. ^_^ I've actually been trying to gain weight by eating all sorts of sweets and such, but it hasn't helped. I haven't had the problem of actually trying to gain weight and not succeeding since high school. I guess the mile walk every day has sped up the metabolism.

I'm going to see if I can make an appointment to come in to Fountain Glenn (Wedding location) this weekend with my bridesmaids so they can see the place and I can take better pictures for the website. I need to shoot some video too and try out some of the decorations I bought to see how they look. I found some icecicle Christmas ornaments at Garden Ridge that look like unicorn horns. I don't know what I'll do with them but they look really neat so I bought a few of them. I need to find some table over-lays too.

No comments: