Monday, October 1, 2007

Updates

I went to David’s Bridal with my three bridesmaids on Saturday and they tried on bridesmaid dresses. I really like the one I picked out (#8007). They did not have a single dress of that style in the color I wanted, so they had to order them and they won’t come in until November. My maid of honor, who lives in Oklahoma went and ordered her dress as well over the weekend. So, none of us will have our dresses back until November. =( I won’t have mine until around the 25th of November. That is a ridiculously long time and I hope it doesn’t have to be altered again. I am trying hard not to gain or lose any weight before the wedding so that they don’t have to alter the dress again. ^_^ I wanted to take some pictures of my bridesmaids trying on the dresses, but they were never really all out of the dressing room at one time and were uncooperative. =/ I did find the dress style I got to show them and took a few pictures of it. I could barely remember what it looked like, because it had been so long ago when I last saw it. I’m still not sure that the one I pulled out was the right one, but it looked close enough. My bridesmaids all liked the dress and liked their dresses as well.
I have to call the wedding location today to make a set-up appointment for mid-October. This is when we will discuss how we want everything to be set up and set up an appointment with the caterer and the woman who does the wedding cakes. I am looking forward to the cake-tasting!
I am going to have to start stock-piling alcohol, since we are buying our own alcohol. I am very particular about what wine and champagne I like, so I will have to find one I can stand to drink. I think dessert wines are my best bet. We’re also going to have beer, which I don’t like either. Personally I would like to have a bartender who served mixed drinks and such, but I don’t want people to be drunk at my wedding.
The fact that I am going to be graduating in 2.5 months and married in 3 still hasn’t quite sunk in yet. I guess it will eventually.