Monday, October 8, 2007

Not much progress last week...

Things stil to accomplish:
-Make set-up meeting appointment (where discussion of how the tables and chair will be set up happens, and which caterer we want, and a meeting is set up with the person who makes the cakes to have a cake-tasting).
-Pick out tux for groom and groomsmen
-Find a Photographer
-Get addresses to send out invitations
-Buy invitations (or design them)
-Buy decorations (twinkle lights, ribbons, etc.)
-Meet with florist and pick out flowers

I am still wanting to design the invitations myself. I found some celtic invitations online that were hand-stamped and layered on top of a colored peice of cardstock that I really liked and I thought I can do that. It's kind of important to me anyways to design the invitations myself, since I am into graphic design. I can't really find any invitations that are what I am looking for. I would like them to have embossed, mettalic designs around the border, which I can't re-create myself, but I can probably hand-stencil on some metallic ink if I want. I plan on starting the design process this weekend. I have to buy a new printer though because mine will no longer pull the paper through. It would probably be cheaper just to buy a whole new printer than have it repaired.

I was supposed to receive a call back from Fountain Glenn today to make the set up appointment, but I never received that phone call, so I will have to check up on that when I have time this afternoon. I'm sick today though, so I probably won't get much accomplished today. I already don't feel like doing anything but sleeping. It's freezing in here too (which I am sure is because of the fever) so I wish I had a jacket.

I can't wait until the dresses (the bridesmaid dresses and my own dress) are ready. Hopefully the bridesmaid dresses won't take long to alter. My dress isn't going to be ready until November 29, so hopefully they won't have to alter it again. They get kind of annoyed when they have to rush the alterations. I have tried my best to not lose or gain any weight. Unlike many brides, I do not feel pressured to get down to a size 2 before the wedding. ^_^ The bridesmaid dresses are coming in around the 12th of November and then the bridesmaids have to come in to have them fitted. Hopefully their alterations won't take long, because every single one of them needs their dresses to be hemmed. The dress I chose seems to be made for someone 6 ft. tall.

No comments: