Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Updates

JT's ring came in last week. It looks awesome! In the picture we saw of it at the shop, it looked cool, but it is a lot better in person. JT likes it and everyone we've shown it to said it looked really cool. =) It's got a celtic knot dragon design on it with tiny rubies and diamonds set into the knotwork. It had to be custom ordered from the artist.

We went up to visit JT's mother in Dallas because she needed my engagement ring. She's having the wedding ring welded to it, and I won't get to see it again until the wedding. =( Apparently whatever ring he's getting me is going to be really expensive. =) I can't wait to see it!! And I hope I like it. I am very picky.

I came up with many more invitation designs at the end of last week and over the weekend, we selected one and I am currently working on assembling the invitations and everything that will go with them. The invitations themselves are cropped out and glued to a metallic blue piece of card stock, so it's very time consuming. =/ But I really love the way they turned out!!

I emailed the cake person and set up an appointment with her for the middle of next month. Really looking forward to that and I am gathering pictures of what I want for the cake design. There will be a groom's cake too, which I am going to see if she can do a dragon design on. The wedding theme is kind of turning into unicorns and dragons, starting with JT's ring. I am looking for a little glass unicorn and dragon to use as a cake topper, and I am going to order a unicorn champagne flute and a dragon champagne flute, and anything else unicorn/dragon I can find that is relevant to the wedding. ^_^ I originally wanted to have a wedding at the Texas Renaissance festival, but the timing is off and we don't want to wait until April for Scarborough Fair. I contacted the photographer, but they haven't gotten back to me yet. I really hope they're free for the wedding date because their prices were pretty reasonable and I haven't found another photographer with such low prices. *cringe* I don't want to end up paying $5,000 for a photographer who will be there just a few hours. These people do everything digitally and give you a cd with all of the images. I like that because I would be scanning them all onto my computer anyways and I can adjust the color/contrast/etc. to my liking.

No comments: